Press Release for your online Store
Your marketing strategy might involve a mix of emails, social media, advertising, events, etc. But one mention in the press can take your business to the next level. But how? How to make use of a press release to not only make people aware but attract visitors and motivate them to shop in your site?
Before getting into details, we must understand what a press release is.
A press release is a document that conveys a newsworthy message about your brand that the media might want to cover and provides all of the pertinent information a reporter or editor would need.
So, when and what can you announce through a press release?
- Launching a new business, product line, or service
- Holding a large contest or competition
- Partnering with a charity, community organization, or celebrity
- Hosting an event
- Winning an award
- Sharing a customer success story
- Announcing a merger or acquisition
- Rebranding your business
- Promoting or hiring a new executive
Your story must be timely and affect a large audience. Research on what people are interested in lately and if there are relation and a way to connect your business with those topics, do not miss the chances for getting covered.
What you can gain from a press release?
- One of the most cost-effective marketing methods. For start-up businesses with a limited budget, this will be a good approach to make awareness within their finances.
- You can add backlinks to your site on the post and it might lead prospects to visit your store.
- Would be helpful to boost web traffic and SEO.
You can add these press releases to your site and let your visitors see them. This will give them a good impression of you as a professional and someone who knows what he should do. They might be helpful for other reporters as well to use them as references.
How to write an eye-catching article?
A Press release follows a consistent format. That makes it easy for you to gather and manage information.
You can create an effective press release with only a few steps.
- Find a newsworthy angle: should be interesting to a journalist’s readers.
- Create an appealing headline: Determine the main point of the post and use it to write a headline that is both clear and compelling.
- Summarize the entire content of the press release in a single sentence that supports the heading for subtitles
- Introduction: opening paragraph should answer the questions, “who”, “what”, “when”, “where”, and “why” in a way that gets the reporter’s interest.
- Add weight to the release with testimonials, statistics, research details, and case study excerpts.
- Summarize the article and include a call to action or details of where more information on the subject matter could be found. (your site address)
- Provide a brief background and overview of the company including contact information.
to bring your release to life, add details and colourful quotes. Self complementing will not do for this and you need to provide social proof. Your customer reviews and their thoughts on shopping experience with you can prove your credibility and authority.
Once you’ve written a press release, you need to distribute it. You can find the media outlets whose readers and viewers are likely to be interested in your news, and send your release directly to them through email.
Another option is to hire a professional who can write and distribute a press release for you.
Even though a press release cannot guarantee coverage, it can be an effective marketing tool. You never know when they might be looking for a source in your industry and reach out for an interview.